Monday, March 10, 2008

Winter Scripting Games

This year I tried something new this year. I entered the Winter Scripting Games. I began by entering the VBScript contests (beginner and advanced) since I have had quite a bit of experience with VBScript. Within the first couple days, I had completed most of the contests. I decided to have some real fun with the competition. I didn't know Powershell or Perl when the contest started, so I challenged myself to learn Powershell and complete both the beginner and advanced contests for that scripting language before the deadlines. It was close a couple times, but I did it. I got a perfect score in all four categories (and the promise of a Dr. Scripto bobblehead to come).

The competition was a blast and I highly recommend it to any person who like to or wants to script. Check out the site (and the nice list of prizes). The Scriping Guys do a great job every year.

No comments: