Friday, February 15, 2008

What this is all about

I guess I could call this "Confessions of a lazy blogger". My goal with this blog is to share what I am doing and what I have done with my computer systems. I have gotten quite a bit of help from the community over the years and I would like to do my part to give something back. I'll give you a little backstory about me.

For six years, I was a networking and programming consultant. I spent all of my time designing networks, automated systems, and programs to help companies with their initiatives. In 2004 I decided it was time for a change. I took a job at a small college where I am now, first as a programmer and network administrator and soon after as the Director of IT. I have been able to slow down the pace and look at a larger picture of our organization. Because we are a small institution, budget is always an issue (ok, when isn't it an issue?). We have some of the same needs of larger organizations, but with less training and resources to get it done. I have found that I have a real passion for providing smart solutions for organizations of our size.

Over the past few years, I have developed scripts and other methods for better utilizing the products we already have. This blog is a place to share those ideas. Maybe you can benefit from what I have put together or maybe you could add to it.

No comments: